Must Keep Afloat  

Posted by: Charity Gordon in





When your a diabetic I imagine it like your being pulled downstream. At one minute carefree and going with the flow, then the next minute struggling to grab hold of something to safety, desperately trying to gain some kind of control. As a mother it is like I am on land and I see my child struggling down stream. I can't get to him and bring him to shore...So all I can do is give some encouraging words, "You can do it," and some direction, "Look over there try grabbing hold of that" or...."hang on"!!!! How painful it is to know at any given moment in there struggles they can go under. Swimming after a high blood sugar and low blood sugar. Trying to keep it under control. No matter what some how always falling short at least here or there. Then there is the middle of the night when sound asleep the BG can not only go very high but very low pulling your child under. Ones life is threatened...must keep afloat!!!

So you can imagine my excitement when I here of diabetic alert dogs! If I had one of these I can do more for my children, I can throw them a life jacket! A diabetic alert dog can help keep my children afloat being forewarned of highs and lows how amazing is that!!

So needless to say I am looking into getting a "life jacket" and I am sure you will here more. If you too need a "life jacket" or know someone who does you can check out these links. Here is a FB page Warren Retrievers A website Guardian Angel Services Another website Diabetic Alert Dogs

Thanks for stopping by RroadWeTravel NR Diabetic World

Charity Gordon

This entry was posted on 1:28 PM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment