A to Z of Why I Homeschool  

Posted by: Charity Gordon in






I read on homeschool website or blog the A to Z of Why I homeschool. I forgot where...so sorry I can't give you a link. Though I thought I'd give it ago.

A. Because I am already a teacher for my children, a principal and a nurse why not go full time

B. Why not they are my children

C. Having two children with chronic illnesses, no worries of getting behind in school.

D. Don't have to take time in my busy schedule to explain why my child is sick (when my kids are sick they are needing me not me on the phone giving explanations) I already know

E. At home it is all about my kids learning not about competition, high scores, tests, or money.

F. History from the Bible can be included

G. Peer pressure is out

H. Bulling is out

I. With home school the sky is the limit to learning there are endless possibility's

J. Can focus on each individuals strengths

K. Social skills are strengthened when you subtract the peer pressure, bulling and add love and encouragement this is possible at home

L. With home school groups, church and sports the social activities are endless (socializing is NOT and issue)

M. Can go what ever pace needed for each individual (can graduate early)

N. Can use different learning tools and styles to fit each individual.

O. LOts of support out there. The number of people home schooling are growing each year. Lots of help and support for the children and parents.

P. We all learn together

Q. Can go to lots of field trips

R. Vacation break any time of the year to fit our needs

S. Can give my children better lunch

T. My children can check their BG anytime anywhere no need ask to leave and go to the nurse

U. I become more aware of my childrens strengths and weaknesses when it comes to learning when taught at home

V. "School" can go with you anywhere out of town on family visits. In a car in a dentist office. If you so choose it one moment home school another mobile school. Hey if we really wanted we could call it mobile school all the time after all it is. Can take school outside if ya want :)

W. Home school and our local homeschool group has actually brought us to socialize more....hows that for a shocker ha :)

X. Work actually gets done faster because you don't have to wait for bells to ring or other students to finish

Y. There is always room for improvement

Z. When you school at home you never miss a day because you are already there Ha :) There is lots of flexibility so if your child is sick you can put on a learning video on or sometimes they feel better parts of the day so you just can do work on a different part of the day. Doctors visits work around them. You don't have to miss a day. Snow day if you so choose still can get the work done.

Well I could just keep on going...but I am at z so stopping :)


Thanks for visiting NR School House hope you stop by again....

This entry was posted on 6:14 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment