Evidences of Love Part 2  

Posted by: Charity Gordon in







On Evidences of Love Part 1 I gave 3 points of evidences of love that I had previously heard from a sermon. In part 1 I focused on the first point and/or question to ask yourself 1) Do you value God more then anything else. I could easily say yes but when I examine my actions I had to admit I wasn't leaving behind much evidence. I could really see how some things I showed more value to that time with my heavenly father. My task was to work on that. Some Christians recognize Lent...It is a time to put much focus on Christ and what he did for us on the cross. The definition of Love right there in Christ...ahhh there is evidence of love! Also this is a time to reflect on oneself and the sins in our lives a time to come back to Christ repent and come to the cross. To be moved by the love and grace of God a time to give up things like time of fasting and such in scripture. Anyway I have been spending more time in devotion to God during lent which I believe can bring about more evidences of love. One being Devotions for Lent from Holy Bible: Mosaic

Now we are to the second point and/or question 2)Do you love His people...What evidences of love am I showing to Gods people. One place to be surrounded by Gods people is in church. Yes it is a place full of sinners too...We need to be in church encouraging one another in the Lord in love. We need to be there for each other. We need to stop murmuring about one another. We need to stop dividing ourselves getting in our little groups. Reach out to all feed Gods people with love and compassion. Yes I know there are those who may need a good talking to but everything should be done with sensitivity and remember our own actions always speaks louder than our words. We should get more involved in the lives of others. Depending on our calling as well as other callings. Then there is uhmmm being there showing up. This is a first and for most for me and am not happy to admit. There was a time in my life that I wouldn't miss a day. With many different happening in my life that I won't get into right now, I have found myself out of church. So this is what I will be spending time in prayer about that God will lead my family to the church we are to be in at this time and keep us there. I can express my love to Him and his people in a church where his people gather as well as other places. Praying God opens my eyes and my heart, direct my steps and words that our spoken may they be spirit led.

Lord we pray that your love shine through us...Amen.

Thanks for stopping by RroadWeTravel please stop by again within the next month or so I will share my pondering on part 3 and may we ponder together.

This entry was posted on 6:02 PM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment