Diabetic Alert Dog  

Posted by: Charity Gordon in



Well going to help keep my little man Afloat and do everything I can to help him get a Diabetic Alert Dog so the fundraiser begins...Help Me Stay Afloat says the little man :) We ask you if anything to please share.

I actually have two children who have type 1 diabetes. Mostly focusing on getting a Diabetic Alert Dog (DAD) for the little man right now. As his mother I want to do anything I can to help control BG's as safely as possible and prevent high bg and low bg as much as I can. With the DAD it would do exactly that. When I first heard of a DAD I was excited to learn more. The more I read about it and talk with others who had one or getting one the more I wanted to go forward with fundraiser. It is not about just getting another pet (we already have 2 cats and 2 dogs) not just a pet but so much more the DAD can help keep my guy afloat. The question isn't do we need another pet but do we need more help and can a DAD give us that help. The answer is a big YES!! Yes it is going to be A LOT of work but it will be worth it!!!


What made me not wait a minute longer was hearing of a child who passed away due to diabetes complications and another who was in and out of consciousness yesterday. The diabetic community on FB is wearing a blue candles on profile in memory of Emily who passed. Today this is a post from a FB friend ~ Once again, a sea of blue candles ~ Rest in Peace Emily Maki; a 14 year-old-young lady who just recently finished a fund raiser to help find a cure for herself and others. Also, the DOC lost a beautiful 18 year old girl today who was having lows all day yesterday. She just moved into her own apartment. Also, please pray for Lydia, 14, who is in sever DKA... God Bless all these families..♥♥♥

So thus begins our D alert dog seeking journey another ounce of hope to help our diabetic children stay afloat....

Thanks for stopping by RroadWeTravel
Charity Gordon

This entry was posted on 6:34 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment