All the Way Home  

Posted by: Charity Gordon








Today I am thinking of those who have gone before us. The song above is beautiful. I think of my grandparents and the roads they have traveled I think of the saints and friends and family and those we never new. The roads that they took?? The families who were left behind to mourn and miss having them around. Some only had a short road to travel to home. I too am thinking of those who are still traveling through. Oh Lord help us to appreciate life and living, help us to appreciate friends and family. Help us to reach out to them as well as to strangers. They all, we all have a story a road that we have traveled. Up hill down hill, twist and turns, right turns, left turns, wrong turns. Lost along the way and having to get back on the right road. These past few weeks I have heard of many people who suddenly lost a love one children and adults. Life is so precious we don't know when it will be the end of our road and for those who are near us. Lets hug are loved ones and take a walk with them in their shoes that is.

Right now I can't stop thinking about an elderly lady who lives across from us. She often alone. I always mean to visit and talk with her. I really need to visit her. Just sit with her and listen to her story. Yes I will go visit with her maybe even take notes we can learn so much from others. I think with time we have lost the story's that really mean so much...

Dear God may your words be pressed upon my heart and mind. Lord help us to pass down your word and the faith that the saints had before us may we carry that torch of faith and pass it on to our children. Help me Lord to follow the tracks you have laid before me...May the grace of God carry me all the way home.... And may we take the time to tell the story's to strengthen. Amen.





This entry was posted on 6:56 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment