The Race before the Rest :)  

Posted by: Charity Gordon

Exodus 16:23
He said to them, “This is what the LORD commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the LORD. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’”
Exodus 16:22-24

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
Exodus 20:10-12

I am learning about the WHOLE bible and how beautifully it is woven together all with purpose LOVE and LIFE woven through out. I am beginning to actually have eyes to see the thin threads through out, by the Grace of G-d. Anyway as I am journeying along I see that "keeping the Sabbath" is for me(us)even today. I will post at a later date about my search and find :) For now I must say what a blessing!!!

So now that I see the importance I am doing what I can do to keep the Sabbath. The Hebrew days(or biblical times) begin at sundown. So Friday I get as much as I can get done before sundown. I also must do some preparation before Friday like meal planning as well as chores to be able to do that. Although I also find Friday is the day to play "catch up" Then it ends up being a race to get things done before the Sabbath "rest".

Racing to get house somewhat clean meals ready before sundown. I would like to have dinner ready around 4:00pm so I can cook and wash before sundown. I can do this because my husband does not work on Fridays. This time in the slow cooker we are having taco soup. I am make bread for today as well as a big meal. Steak bell pepper, mash potatoes, greens and bread with some wine. This is just how I am doing it at the moment I may decide to have the meal ready by sundown as I learn and grow.

So I best run away from the computer now :) and race throughout the house before the rest(Sabbath:)

Thanks for stopping by RroadWeTravel

Charity Gordon

This entry was posted on 9:32 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment