Endo Checkup  

Posted by: Charity Gordon









Today we took our 16 yr old and 2 yr old boys to their endocrine check up. The little man was in such a good mood. I thought after Monday he may not want to go to the doctor. Since lately the insulin shots have been something he has tried to avoid all the more. I think he is beginning to wonder hey why am I going with this, Protest! Anyway I have been asking my soon to be 3 year old if he would like to use a pump like his big brother? He seemed excited about that. I told him we would talk to the doctor about it. Maybe that brought some excitement about the Dr. visit. He did mention the pump a couple of times. I did mention it to the doctor and will soon be talking to the diabetes educators. Anyway he read books while we were waiting and really didn't complain the whole visit. Check up went OK. Their A1C diffidently need some work. My teenager as well as I really need to stay on top of the BG checks really need to do that more often. More changes will need to be made. My teenager had some blood work done to keep track of his Addisons disease and Hashimotos and make sure he is getting the right dosages as well as watch for any other things that might pop up. I did ask the doc if she could see if results from labs in the GI department came back yet. She said they did but since she didn't specialize as GI she wouldn't know what it all meant. She did say that both boys result showed allergens or something. Not sure what that means. So we still wait for results to see if they have celiac disease.

Thanks for stopping by!!

This entry was posted on 8:22 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment