Trying Something New  

Posted by: Charity Gordon




In taking steps to healthier living and save money to I decided to join a local co-op group. I have also in the past joined a CSA and we did work share. This year it will be the co-op, growing veggies in our yard, farmers market and volunteer work when we can at a near by farm and CSA. Also I plan to go to pick your own farms to get fruit and such.

When getting your produce in this way you don't always know what you are going to get so instead of putting together a menu plan before you do the shopping i will be trying something new and do this after i get all the goods. Friday's will be my shopping for goods day. My co-op pick up is every other Friday so i will be doing any grocery shopping that needs to be done on this day as well. Today I'm hopeful i have enough for two weeks. Tonight i will put together a 2 week menu plan. I will try and share that with you on Monday.

Tonight we will have breakfast for dinner, eggs, hash browns and asparagus.
For lunch we had left over stuff and biscuits for breakfast.


Keeping my fingers crossed that we won't need to head back to grocery store until Friday wk two. Oh and i am finally using coupons for things like shampoo and such in my trying to save money venture. I hear a future post coming, "saving money venture" :)


Thanks for stopping by
Charity

This entry was posted on 2:27 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment